I don’t believe in New Year resolutions, so this space isn’t going to be one. New Year resolutions are made by those who think that they can change just by deciding to.They think they have the “power” (a term borrowed from a friend called Grandfather) to transform themselves or to hold back, at a mere thought, by resolving to do so. I, quite frankly, don’t believe that’s possible with me. I am a result of a million experiences, the many people I’ve come to know, that I have interacted with, the product of my environment (to an extent). So to change would be to rewrite those experiences that I have amassed over time, and the process of rewriting is not something so trivial as to happen within a day.
Why is this place called Bursts of Expression? Because I sometimes feel that I will burst if I don’t let my thoughts out! I can feel my mind expanding like a balloon, and I even wait for the final pop of explosion. This place is to let my explosions become tamer, take a more manageable form. So now all I have to is wait for my mind to expand and demand release.
No comments:
Post a Comment